Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

In which table fiscal position reside for partner?

on 3/23/15, 7:43 PM 795 views

Anyone know where fiscal position resides in the database for partner setting? I can't find it in res_partner, please help.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 3/23/15, 11:28 PM

1. Activate the developer mode - see https://www.odoo.com/forum/how-to/developers-13/how-can-i-activate-the-developer-mode-83

2. Hover over the field you want to know more about:

You will notice that the field storing this information is called property_account_position.  Unlike other simple fields, this is stored in the ir_property table.  The value that matches the corresponding type of fiscal position, as defined in the table account_fiscal_position is stored in a more complex, but logical way (once you understand) than a simple field value.

See https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/what-is-ir-property-used-for-48299

is there a way I can do a batch insert to this table, I have created a new fiscal position and wish to apply for 40,000++ customers.

on 3/24/15, 9:48 AM

See https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-mass-update-the-ar-and-ap-accounts-on-100-000-partners-sql-56201 - you may be able to work it out.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/24/15, 10:56 PM

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 3/23/15, 11:21 PM

There are some special fields in odoo called property fields. Fiscal position is one of them. It will not be present in the same object table. You can find it in "ir_property" table. For more info about property fields...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/23/15, 7:43 PM
Seen: 795 times
Last updated: 3/24/15, 7:53 AM