Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

In V7 an unbalanced purchase journal was posted. How is this possible?

Chéron Audie
on 8/19/13, 11:55 PM 1,034 views

In V7 an unbalanced purchase journal was posted. How is it possible that an unbalanced journal can be posted. And how do I edit it to correct it?

You'll need to provide more details, such as under what circumstances did this happen? Generally, trying to create an unbalanced entry will result in an error message if done from Accounting > Journals > Journal Entry.

on 8/21/13, 12:04 AM
Chéron Audie
On 8/21/13, 1:13 AM

Hi Dawn, thank you for your response. I know that an unbalanced entry will result in an error message hence my amazement that this transaction was actually posted. I am not sure how it happened - one of the other users managed to post it. She doesn't know either.

On 8/21/13, 1:36 AM

Hmm its hard to say how it could happened without knowing what caused it.

In terms of removing it, you should be able to un-post an entry by clicking 'Cancel Entry' button at the top of the screen when you go into the entry. You will need to allow cancelling entries for the relevant journal first (Configuration > Journals > Journals, select the relevant journal and check the "Allow cancelling entries" tickbox).

You're right though, it definitely shouldn't be possible to let it happen in the first place, so if your team manages to break it again, record the process and file a bug report on launchpad.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. Will try and will do.

Chéron Audie
on 8/21/13, 2:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/19/13, 11:55 PM
Seen: 1034 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM