Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

In Manufacturing when I create a work order, even if I have insufficient raw materials to produce it allows me to produce the final product and finish it

By
Kartik Sanghi
on 1/27/15, 11:52 AM 656 views

The manufacturing order allows me to proceed even if there is insufficient raw material in warehouse. I click on check availability and then all products become black from red and I am able to click on produce and the product is ready. Why doesnt it tell me to procure all materials and only when there is sufficient quantity in stock, should it allow me to produce. 

Timothy Verrellen
On 1/28/15, 8:23 AM

Are all you're raw materials defined as 'Stockable product'? Odoo will only check the stock of products with Product Type = 'Stockable Product'. A product with Product Type = 'Consumable' can have a negative stock in Odoo.

The product type can be found on the product form, tab: Information

Kartik Sanghi
On 1/28/15, 8:46 AM

Dear Timothy, 

Thanks for your response. I changed all my products to stockable. Currently i have zero quantity for each product. So Now all products should be in red when I check availability. But only one shows red, all others can still be produced. Any idea why is that. 

3 questions: 1. I suppose we're still talking about the raw materials? 2. check if you really have zero quantity for all the products. Are you certain? 3. Did you make a new manufacturing order? Otherwise you should cancel the old manufacturing order en create a new one.

Apertoso, Timothy Verrellen
on 1/28/15, 8:53 AM

Yes i have zero quantity for the products. I created a new manufacturing order but still it shows available quantity for some products which I dont have. I dont understand why.

Kartik Sanghi
on 1/28/15, 9:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/27/15, 11:52 AM
Seen: 656 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM