This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In payment voucher, if the amounts do not match exactly, it is possible to fully reconcile invoices and keep the difference open. In manual reconciliation, the only available options are 'Write-Off' and 'Partial Reconcile'.

I want to do full reconciliation and keep the remaining the difference amount open, like in payment voucher but the payments are already posted and can cannot be split. I thought of two options:

1. Create new reconciliation module similar to account_reconcile. It should create a new entry in a special journal 'Reconciliation Entries' with receivable debit and credit equal to the difference to allow reconciling one line and keep the other line open. A due date, name and comment can be added to the open line.

2. Select 'Write-Off' and set 'Accounts Receivable' as the write-off account instead of an expense account.

Is there a better method to handle this issue? Are there any consequences or side-effects for the above solutions.

Discard
Best Answer

I do not complete understand. I have the impression:

full reconciliation and keep the remaining the difference amount open

is a contradiction in itself.

I have something similar and I think it does exactly what you want. However I don't want it ... It looks like we need to change positions and we are both happy. In my situation the result was "The Write-Off could be found on the Profit and Loss Report. So far so good. But one problem remained: the write-off amount (In our case 0.01) was still to be found in the Aged Partner Balance report. That's should be zero right?"

I have post this in a comment in the answer on my question: https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/700

The situation is for v6.1

Discard
Author

By full reconciliation I mean mark the invoice as paid. For example, when a customer has an invoice of $10,500.00 pays $10,000.00 you may want to mark the invoice paid but the $500 open to be collected later. Or he may pay $11,000.00, so you keep the extra $500 to be deducted from next invoice. The option is available if you reconcile within a payment voucher, but not in manual reconciliation. Please check this discussion and comment 8 on bug lp:1008774 .

Author

BTW, I'll check your problem and try to help.

Best Answer

Any solution to this problem so far?

Discard