Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

In Delivery Order, set the source and destination locations all at once

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 2/2/14, 11:18 PM 1,779 views

In Delivery Order, how can I set the source and destination locations all at once

A Sales Order generates automatically a Delivery Order. Then the Source and Destination locations are specific to each item in the Delivery Order. Usually, for each item, I'd have to change each item. For a list of 20 or more items, this takes a long time.

For example. A truck has an inventory from which it can make deliveries. The truck is considered as a location. The customer has many buildings at a single address. Each building is considered as a location. For each item in the delivery order, the Source location is changed to "Mobile Unit A" . For each item, the Destination location is changed to "Customer A - Building 01".

How can I re-set all the fields at once?

• Set all Source Locations to "Mobile Unit A"
  • Set all Destination Locations to "Customer A - Building 01"

My guess is that an additional module would be required. I haven't found one yet to do the job. Maybe it's a sub-function of a module.

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/2/14, 11:19 PM
Ravish Murari (rmu)
On 2/3/14, 3:34 AM

With the community module [stock_picking_location], you can set the destination location and the source location of goods (stock move) for all items in the Delivery Order. But, you would have to make a new DO for every location.

This module adds two location fields at the top of the Delivery Order.

Your answer doesn't sound right. Remember that products do not have a default chain of locations. Consider this. Each customer address has many locations (buildings). Each product could be delivered to any of those locations. Imagine a truck leaving in the morning with a full inventory of many different products. It will be on the road all day. A call comes in to deliver a product to a location. The truck receives the delivery order on his mobile device. The truck goes to that location and drops it off.

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/3/14, 3:35 PM

Hello, with this community module stock_picking_location module . you can change destination location of goods (stock move) at once. but you have make new DO for every location.Thanks.!!

Ravish Murari (rmu)
on 2/10/14, 6:36 AM

Thank you very much. Your comment is the answer I was looking for. The module stock_picking_location does what I want. You should put the content of your comment into an answer so people can give you points for it.

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/10/14, 7:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/2/14, 11:18 PM
Seen: 1779 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM