This question has been flagged

The CRM page https://www.odoo.com/page/crm says:

save time by integrating emails from all your contacts directly into the application.

But I could not find any way to get mails from my email account into the application and linked to opportunities. It is a very important feature for me as most of my sales activities are email based.

Discard

Hello JC François, Once you have created an opportunity, you will see that you can manage the mail exchanges with the customer by entering them directly in the bottom of the opportunity. On the right side, you have the list of followers of the specific opportunity. You can see the followers in the technical part of the settings under email, followers, cdm.lead (it shows all the followers a a specific lead or opportunity). Whenever you receive an e-mail to a message you sent using Odoo, the message will be sent to your standard e-mail and you will be able to answer it directly from within your e-mail client. The messages received and sent will be automatically added below the opportunity. I hope this answers your question Good luck

And you may activate the automatic lead generation in the sales module setting. That will transform mails sent to a specific address into leads.

Author

Thanks Eva. I was able to send a mail to a test customer from the form at the bottom of the opportunity so that's good. However, when the customer replied to the mail received, the response gets sent to catchall@mydomain.com. As this address does not exist, my mail server bounces the message. I went ahead and created a mailbox named "catchall" on my mail server. Now the response from the customer comes in but nothing else happens.

Hi JC,

Go to settings, e-mail, incoming mailserver and choose the mail server you have set-up and then press "fetch now". This should do the trick for now.

Good luck!

On 24 Sep 2014, at 09:59, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

Thanks Eva. I was able to send a mail to a test customer from the form at the bottom of the opportunity so that's good. However, when the customer replied to the mail received, the response gets sent to catchall@mydomain.com. As this address does not exist, my mail server bounces the message. I went ahead and created a mailbox named "catchall" on my mail server. Now the response from the customer comes in but nothing else happens.

--
JC François
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post In CRM module, how do I track emails related to an opportunity?

Author

I tried and it did not work. That is because the configured mail account is for the mailbox my.name@mydomain.com and not for catchall@mydomain.com. The reply got sent to catchall and not to me. Why does it go to catchall in the first place? Thanks for your help.

The way it work is that Odoo uses catchall to help you define aliases in the ERP. This way, the management of the mail aliases is not done through your webserver, but through the catchall in odoo. If you look under settings/email/aliases, you will see the aliases defined in Odoo.

Mail set-up is quite complex ;-) and takes some times and trial and error until it works.

I'm glad it works for you now.

Good luck!

On 24 Sep 2014, at 11:05, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

I tried and it did not work. That is because the configured mail account is for the mailbox my.name@mydomain.com and not for catchall@mydomain.com. The reply got sent to catchall and not to me. Why does it go to catchall in the first place? Thanks for your help.

--
JC François
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post In CRM module, how do I track emails related to an opportunity?

Author

Well, it does not work :-) I can't find settings/email/aliases... The closest is Settings/General Settings/Email/Alias Domain with the follwoing tooltip: "If you have set-up a catchall email redirected to the odoo server, enter the domain here". Does that imply that I have to redirect catchall@mydomain.com to some address on the odoo server? Which one?

First question,

What do you have under the incoming mail server settings?

On 24 Sep 2014, at 11:41, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

Well, it does not work :-) I can't find settings/email/aliases... The closest is Settings/General Settings/Email/Alias Domain with the follwoing tooltip: "If you have set-up a catchall email redirected to the odoo server, enter the domain here". Does that imply that I have to redirect catchall@mydomain.com to some address on the odoo server? Which one?

--
JC François

Author

Under incoming email gateway I configured my personal IMAP account that is running on the server of the company hosting my web site.

When running your own instance, it is easier to define catchall@yourdomain.com as the e-mail address. Then you will have to set-up your mail system to send all unknown e-mails to catchall. Odoo will then dispatch the mails properly when receiving them.

Good luck!

On 24 Sep 2014, at 13:27, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

Under incoming email gateway I configured my personal IMAP account that is running on the server of the company hosting my web site.

--
JC François

Author

OK, that is what I thought BUT: Odoo does not have access to the catchall mailbox on my email server. Should I configure an additional email gateway with that mailbox?

No, 

In the incoming mail server, you should give the user "catchall@yourdomain" and the password you have created for that. Then you should check that the connection is working. Once it works, you can press fetch to get the mails.

After it, the fetch is done automatically at regular intervals  so that you do not have much to do about it.

Good luck!

On 24 Sep 2014, at 13:36, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

OK, that is what I thought BUT: Odoo does not have access to the catchall mailbox on my email server. Should I configure an additional email gateway with that mailbox?

--
JC François

Author

It was a bit tricky to set up but It works now. Thanks a lot Eva, you are a star!

My pleasure.

Eva P.

On 24 Sep 2014, at 14:15, JC François <jc.francois@isovia.be> wrote:

It was a bit tricky to set up but It works now. Thanks a lot Eva, you are a star!

--
JC François