This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Good day

I am trying to import sales orders from shopify into odoo using csv exports. 

There are times when the status of a transaction changes from sales order to cancelled/delivered etc, and the sales orders need to be reimported with the changed status as well as delivered quantities if applicable. 

Using the External ID for Sales Orders I managed to prevent the duplication of Sales Orders, however, the order lines are being duplicated each time a sales order is reimported. I tried to counteract this by using the Order Lines / External ID, however I am unable to run the import with this field selected. Please find a screenshot of the error message below.

How do I import into sales orders without duplicating the order lines? I also do not want to have to export the system generated external to make changes.

(N.B. I am aware of the 3rd party tools available, however I do not wish to use any 3rd party solution for a simple import.)

Discard

Your screenshot is not part of your post and "I am unable to run the import with this field selected" needs to be expanded, with details of the error message, and if possible you should post a sample file. If you are unable to edit your post by pasting the screenshot, you can use an image sharing site, like IMGUR (you can also do this for files with sites like GoFile).

as i worked on import, i can say, that i do not find import of status. normally you import SO, but state(status) will be 'quotation'. because it will have delivery related and etc. you import, but stage you should manage already with odoo.

Author

https://imgur.com/6h74UCU

Please find the link to the image above

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhnDncli4NCLrm98-IVnOTfh8hAq?e=4T3M5X

Please find link to import file

Author

@Ray Carnes, thank you for your response. I did not realize that the image was missing. I believe that the details in the image should elaborate on the problem that I am experiencing. I have attached a link to the image and the sample file that I am using to run the import.

Author

@Mindaugas Paulauskas, thank your response. I did initially have a problem with importing the sales order status, as this field was not selectable. However, I did manage to resolve this problem and I am able to choose the state of import.

Best Answer

Hello @Faizel,

I'm facing the same problem:

the order lines are being duplicated each time a sales order is reimported.
Could you explain how did you manage to import Order Lines with External IDs ?
Thanks!

Discard