Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Importing Products with Vendors

By
Darcy Christ
on 4/27/16, 12:33 PM 289 views

learly I am missing something fundamental. I have imported a bunch of vendors, with external IDs. The do appear when I export them and when I look in the External Sequences section. I am not working on loading a few products with the Vendors, but I am getting the error: 

No matching record found for external id '110388' in field 'Vendor' at row 81.

There is a Vendor with that External ID. I am using the 'seller_ids/name/id' column heading which maps to Vendor / Vendor / External ID, so I am assuming this will work.

Most of the documentation refers to starting with an export as a template and then using that, but the interface doesn't seem to indicate what fields are required. Although I don't think that is the issue.

I know that my External IDs for the Vendor are not very unique. I can probably amend them, but I want to use some part of them, since this data is coming from another system.

Could someone give me some advise about how to approach this.

In general, I am not finding the documentation on Odoo to be very detailed. General Google searches give me more information, but many of the tips are for openerp 7 and I am not certain of the differences.

Darcy Christ
On 4/27/16, 9:07 PM

I may have solved my own problem. I created a single line CVS and the import worked, so there may be an issue with specific vendors, which I will have to track down.

The import script does not provide very meaningful feedback. And in general, I am having trouble learning Odoo, because names are not matching. Does anyone have a good resource, which will help me to better understand the models. Knowing that 'seller_ids/name/id' is the same as Vendor / Vendor is not at all clear.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/27/16, 12:33 PM
Seen: 289 times
Last updated: 4/27/16, 9:07 PM