This question has been flagged

Hi,

I am trying to import a big list of products to my inventory and I can not find the field "name/description" for other languagues. The languages are already install and I can swith from one to another so it is not the problem.

It is possible to do that? I supose that the answer is yes but I can't find the name of the field.

Thanks,

Amadeo

Discard
Best Answer

There are no such fields for different languages. You can have product name in one language only in the record. 

But for the different languages, you can create the translated terms for each products. This is the way odoo works with the languages.

Discard
Author

Thanks you very much Sudhir,

What do you recomend if I want to import 2000 product with their Spanish and English translation names??

Regards,

Amadeo.

Best Answer

It is possible. The product name field is multilanguage. Import in the language which is currently active in your Odoo environment. So if you want to import product names in more languages, follow this basic path:

1. Select language 1 in Settings / User / Preferences

2. Import product names in language 1

3. Select language 2 in Settings / User / Preferences

4. Import product names in language 2

Discard

Hello, this works for Char fields. But when I try this with HTML fields, the content gets overridden for all languages. Is there any way to do an import in different languages if I have the full text in all that languages?

I'm dying at this task. All scripts, imports, database hacks, whatsoever, did not yet solve the issue. The problems are the "Structured Model Field" translations, Odoo's magic to split *one nice and tidy* HTML-Text to fragments and messing it up, when client employees edit something in different languages. So, the request is, just to import what they prepared in every languages. But ... how.

Would be best to have the possibility to turn "Structure Model Fields" off entirely, just plain separeted Text for HTML (as it is for Char) would be perfect.

Best Answer

You'll find translations n the translated terms table (General Settings/Translations). You can filter accordingly and then export and re-import your translations.

Discard
Author

Dear Ermin,

what I want is to add another language product name in a inventory importation operation.

Supose that I want to import 2000 products that I have in a .csv file with their names in Spanish and English. I found only the way to import one name for the product, the field with the name "name", What I am asking is if it is possible to import another field with name "language2 name" to import directly the name of the product in other languagues.

Thanjs and regards,

Amadeo.

(Sorry I am new to this forum, I think I have to do it here to answer directly to you)

hi, it is possibe, but you need to prepeare import file.

you need to export translation values(technical/tranlations). so from inventory you export name and ID. from translated terms you export traslations and record id.

this record id=id (product), so with this you can vlookup and prepeare import file. if question, write.

Best Answer

You may try the following: Set your preference language to the language that you want to import. Then Import one or two records to see if this works. I have done something similar like that a few years ago for version 10 EE.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Amadeo,

Did you find a way to do this?

Best wishes

Richard

Discard