Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I need to import products into OpenERP 7. Each product has 2 different name translations, one in French and one in Dutch. An example of a product could be:
- default_code (reference) : EXP-0111-21
- name Fr : Diable à patins
- name Nl : Steekwagen met trapglijders
- list_price : 235€
I want to insert both translations into the ERP for my list of products. I don't see any option to import name translations into the ERP while importing my list. Do I need to directly insert my data into the database or is there another way to import my translations?
I also worried a lot about this problem and finally found the following comfortable solution.
1) import your products with english or whatever language descriptions you like first
2) create individual csv-files for every language with the following structure:
"your_modulname","model","product.template,description","your_modulname.your_template_id","source-value Text","translated-value text"
3) start the following command to import the language-files in the console when server is stopped:
/path_to_your_openerp-server_file/openerp-server -c /path_to_your_openerp-server_config_file/openerp-server.conf --i18n-overwrite --i18n-import=/path to your translated csv file/de_DE.csv -l CORRECT_OPENERP_LANGUAGE_CODE -d $NAME_OF_YOUR_DATABASE
I found a solution; it's not perfect at all but it will do the trick until I find something better.
- First I connect to my admin account and I set my admin language to French.
- I import all my products with the French names into OpenERP.
- Once this is done I export all my products with their French name from OpenERP to a csv. In doing this I get a product's "id" coupled with the item "name" (in French).
- In my csv I change the French item "name" with the Dutch one.
- I connect myself as the admin on OpenERP and change the Admin language to Dutch.
- I import my newly created csv file (with "id", "Dutch name").
- It works, my products have a translation now.
I know it's a real pain to do all this to insert my products with two translations but I have not found an easier way to do it. It could probably be done by inserting data directly into the database but this is something I would rather not do (I am afraid I would break the database).
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 10/21/14, 11:19 AM|
|Seen: 1182 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|