Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Importing Physical Inventories with Serial Numbers

By
Sean Samborski
on 12/3/13, 12:27 AM 2,249 views

I have imported all product serial numbers and need to now import my physical inventory with the serial numbers intact. I have exported the file to see the structure and it appears it is listing the serial numbers as inventory_line_id/prod_lot_id/id and the values are __export__.stock_inventory_line_15761. As it turns out, when exporting the serial numbers list, the same serial item is listed as __export__.stock_production_lot_15761. So since they are the same last five digits for all my samples I manually entered, I thought I could import by changing the serial ids to the new inventory ids, but it doesn't work and I'm assuming it's creating the inventory ids when creating it via the admin ui.

I have approximately 37,000+ serial numbers and many are long strings like 8889787564783 and 8874738847832F and as you can see, entering them manually is not an option and even if it were, it would be very tedious and error prone. How can I do this?

Sean Samborski
On 12/3/13, 3:22 AM

Exporting with All Data instead of compatible shows a few more options than I was getting. Instead of using the IDs, an available field was Inventories/Serial Number/Serial Number and I can use the exact serial instead of an ID. Works just fine that way.

Ifredo Baas
On 12/25/13, 4:26 PM

I had the same problem and was rather confused by the "export example" in terms of field references / external id's. Searching on the web for solutions actually made it worse!

The following method seems almost too simple but seems to work fine. Forget the external id field references and just use 2 colums in your csv file. One for the 'product' (internal reference field) and one for 'serial number'. (I was going to upload a picture here to clarify but appearantly I need more 'karma' ??) Link the columns to the fields "product" and "serial number". Do make sure the items do actually exist.

Import and done !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/3/13, 12:27 AM
Seen: 2249 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM