Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Importing Leads: How to import with Company Names?

By
Dale Thomas
on 1/29/15, 8:44 AM 1,073 views

I am sure this is a rookie question.  

However, when I try to import leads I get the following error.  When I look at all possible values, it shows only the companies I have listed as a company.  I would expect that I can import new leads than have not yet been converted as a company. 

What part of the methodology am I missing? 

Thanks for the repsonse. Found it!  Thank you!

Dale Thomas
on 1/29/15, 9:24 AM

Feel free to upvote good answer/questions... this is how people build karma to be able to do more advance features in the forums.

Stephen Mack
on 1/29/15, 9:47 AM

Thanks Stephen! Up voted!

Dale Thomas
on 1/29/15, 9:55 AM

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 1/29/15, 8:57 AM

You need to First import  or create the new company (list), which then receives an id.

Then import the leads with the name of the companies; make sure that the names to be imported EXACTLY match the names as they exist within your database.

Dale Thomas
On 1/29/15, 10:07 AM

One last question. I have been able to successfully add my leads.  Thanks. 

When I look at the "Extra Info" tab I see the Company under Marketing is my business name.  I am assuming that is because Odoo can manage multiple Companies?  Just want to clarify before I migrate all my leads. 

Thank you! 

yes, exactly... Odoo have multi_company option. you can activate it at top of "General Settings". (https://www.diigo.com/file/image/rebecebzcoaddrcqpzbpqedqba/multi+company+-+General+Settings+-+Odoo.jpg)

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 1/29/15, 10:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/29/15, 8:44 AM
Seen: 1073 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM