Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Importing a csv to physical inventory problem [Closed]

By
Jim Biergans
on 8/15/13, 6:11 PM 3,418 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 10/11/2013 03:07:32

When I import a csv into Physical Inventories, it creates a new inventory for each product with the same inventory reference. What's the problem? Why are they not all going into the same inventory?

Someone else on here was having the same exact problem, but their question never got answered. I've read all the documentation, searched here and googled it. No good answers...

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/15/13, 7:19 PM

Export an Inventory to see what the table structure is.

It will be like this:

company_id date reference location_id product_id product_uom_id quantity
base.main_company 2013-08-15 My Inventory loc_id first_product_id uom_id 100
loc_id second_product_id uom_id 200
loc_id third_product_id uom_id 300
loc_id fourth_product_id uom_id 400

Hi Ray. That's where I started, and the fields are all mapping properly and the import runs without errors, but if the Inventory Reference is the same, why is it creating a new inventory for each product?

Jim Biergans
on 8/15/13, 8:12 PM

For the first three fields, there should only be values on the first line. For every other line, those fields will be blank, like I tried to illustrate above - is that what you have in your file?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/16/13, 2:35 AM

Ray - you da man! How the heck did you know that?? Worked perfect! Thanks! It's still really slow, so think I'm going to write my own app still. But aat least I can follow the sql when inventories done. Thanks again!

Jim Biergans
on 8/16/13, 2:39 PM

I read the documentation: "If you want to import sales order having several order lines; for each order line, you need to reserve a specific row in the CSV file. The first order line will be imported on the same row as the information relative to order. Any additional lines will need an addtional row that does not have any information in the fields relative to the order." - this is at the bottom of the page you use to import data.

on 8/16/13, 2:57 PM

i thought i read everything, and apparently i overlooked that one key section... ok, i feel stupid now, thanks... :)

Jim Biergans
on 8/16/13, 3:03 PM

I'm posting more for the others who will read this question. There is a LOT to learn and a LOT to read. The documentation is not always complete, can't always be easily located and isn't always accurate!

on 8/16/13, 5:34 PM

Yes there is a lot to read and learn... i'm only in my third week of OpenERP use - i've done migrations in sage, macola, sap, etc, but OpenERP is a bit different... just wish they had a fully functional payroll for the u.s. ...

Jim Biergans
on 8/16/13, 5:47 PM

Kindly point me in the right direction on which menu to go to and step to export an Inventory in OpenERP 7 to produce Ray's sample table above

Harold Poku
on 3/12/14, 4:03 PM

Warehouse --> Inventory Control --> Physical Inventories

on 3/12/14, 9:21 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/15/13, 6:11 PM
Seen: 3418 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM