Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Import to inventory by EAN13

By
Jethroso
on 3/18/13, 11:14 AM 2,632 views

Hello

I want to know if is possible to use EAN13 codes from a barcode scanner to insert lines in the inventory.

I have a text file with a list of EAN13 code and the quantity. I export an example to a stock.inventory.csv file for use as template for import but this file uses the product name or product internal code instead of the EAN13 to locate each item.

There is otherway of doing this? what I miss?

Thanks

I don't know in OpenERP 7, but in 6.0, I've created a little script which browse lines of your csv file and create stock_move according to difference between current real stock quantity in database and in the warehouse, like when you change manualy the stock (by clicking on update quantity button on product form view)

Clément THOMAS
on 3/18/13, 12:31 PM

Well, then I'll use a similar workaround. I can get the barcode scanner data in a csv spreadsheet and then cross reference the EAN13 codes with the csv exported from the warehouse to get the internal codes (I really have a libreoffice basic script for this). Thanks!!!

Jethroso
on 4/1/13, 12:45 PM

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 4/10/13, 2:41 PM

What about connecting your scanner directly on OpenERP ?

Openerp v6

There is a syleam module that already include a inventory scenario for your scanner.

See also my answer here

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/13, 11:14 AM
Seen: 2632 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM