Odoo Help

4 Answers
Jan Pedro Tumusok
12/19/18, 6:06 AM

I do not know Jonathan's use case, but us, we are getting shippments with 10000 devices with unique serial numbers. Scanning each of those numbers takes a long time and is error prone. And if we make a mistake Odoo only says error, not which serial was duplicate etc.

Jonathan Duhon
8/3/18, 10:29 AM

Hi Vishal,

That is our happy path use case but in some cases like the instance we have right now, the system was not available for them to capture serials so they did it in another tool which brought the serials and SKUs down into a csv file. Now I want to see if we can upload it into the receipt in order to have them in the system. I tried numerous methods but nothing worked correctly where the data looked consistent.

Jon

1 Comment
vishalratani
8/11/18, 8:34 AM

For such an import functionality you are probably looking to customize in the receipt to do an import. Now you could have two ways of serial number input here you could be generating the number but you don't seem to be doing that so you could be looking to read your input file here with a customized app. Thanks,Vishal

vishalratani
8/3/18, 1:44 AM

Hello Jonathan,  I am wondering why you are looking to import serial numbers when you can use barcode scanner?

Thanks, Vishal

Ask a Question
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now