Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Import Products with supplier and purchase price

By
Dotz
on 2/20/13, 5:10 AM 3,271 views

Data export via Import/Export did not completely match our needs. I have to Import the purchase price. Where is this value stored ?

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 2/20/13, 9:44 PM

In table product.template you have 2 price fields: lista_price (sale price) & standard_price (cost)

also, in table product.product you have other_price field ...

Thank you for your help. Import was succesful with over 2000 products. You need patience and time.

Dotz
on 3/14/13, 3:52 AM

Hi Dotz. Thank you for asking and your notice it works now for you. Will you make a deatailed description of how you did it all. A lot of people will be happy with this. Including me!

ton123
on 3/27/13, 3:57 PM

@Dotz: please mark question answered :) @12907 : 2 possibe ways to import: -1- via Import/Export , with carefuly prepared csv file, or -2- via sql importing directly into database,

• 1- is recomended for beginer, slower but safe mathod, -2- would be for expert users , much faster, but requires good understanding of relations between tables , not to mention sql tools etc...
Bole
on 3/28/13, 4:06 PM

I am interested in how to carefully prepare csv file. Can this be done by a non programmer without guidance? Please give a guide in an answer and we can give you Karma by voting on your guide.

ton123
on 3/28/13, 8:00 PM

http://help.openerp.com/question/5200/required-csv-import-fields-and-template-of-csv-files/

• take a look here, i'm not able to post link but try searching this site for keywords import, csv ..
Bole
on 3/28/13, 8:13 PM

I did most of the work with MS Excel and MS Access. Also I installed a postgres client to have a closer look to the table structure of the involved tables. In the moment I am writing a script with autoit to make import of products easier. If anyone can help me in uploading the source code, I make it public. Or how can I post a tutorial ?

Dotz
on 4/1/13, 6:36 AM

You can best post the tutorial as an answer on this question.

ton123
on 4/2/13, 4:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/13, 5:10 AM
Seen: 3271 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM