Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

import product with stock

By
vgze
on 5/27/13, 1:54 PM 4,098 views

Hello, I'm working on the importation of products in a a CSV file. I hava almost imported all except the stock information that I don't find in the material import tool. Idea?

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 5/27/13, 2:21 PM

below the name of columns of my CSV import file for products' inventory default_code Name list_price inventory qty Cost

Beware that Name is the second one in the list of fields proposed by the import tool

Sorry but I can't find this collumn. What is your version of openERP.

vgze
on 5/28/13, 5:08 AM

V7 online. I suggest you to create a first product with the information that fit your needs (Name, Quantity); then you export it as a test csv file; this will give you the csv format. Then your reuse the column names from the test file with your definitive file with all products.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/28/13, 6:41 AM

It's exactly that I do, but none column contain the stock information and I take them all. But I find a semi-solution in importing an inventory. It works for qty_available but not for virtual_available. I hope that It will adapt the virtual_available when I will import the purchase.

vgze
on 5/28/13, 6:47 AM

Virtual quantity is the result of calculation made by the system when a new order is recorded; it can not be imported; neither be "searchable" and this last point is an "issue"

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/28/13, 7:39 AM
Prem Kumar D
On 5/28/13, 7:34 AM

In V7 I suggest you to import the products first, then there is a form Physical Inventory under the Warehouse menu, Use this form to updating the stock. so you have to create the new inventory and export the necessary fields from the same and also export the products which you have already imported the DB. Then enter the stock details for each products in the csv file and import the same.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/13, 1:54 PM
Seen: 4098 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM