Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Import preview failed due to: 'utf8'

on 8/15/13, 9:10 AM 1,924 views

Hi, I am importing logged calls when i validate i get this error Import preview failed due to: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position 145: invalid start byte. The issue is usually an incorrect file encoding.

Any one show what i am missing or doing wrong.

Mario Arias Badila
On 8/16/13, 4:48 PM

Do you by any chance created the csv file on Windows ? If so, the problem has to do with special characters like accents

Try to open the file on linux, and you will find some weird looking characters inside...

Regards, -Mario

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/15/13, 9:10 AM
Seen: 1924 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM