Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Import preview failed

By
regis guevel
on 5/26/14, 10:30 AM 2,019 views

Hello,

I'm trying to import my database which is in .xlsx, so I converted it in CSV format. 

I try and I get the following message: 

Import preview failed due to: new-line character seen in unquoted field - do you need to open the file in universal-newline mode?. The issue is usually an incorrect file encoding. 

Here is the start of the file we could not import

I've already been in the settings to allow imports of users !

Can you help me ?

Eva Pinter
On 1/7/15, 10:04 AM

I found the following answer on another site:

"I had the exact same issue! It had to do with the way it is saved on a mac! Resave your csv and scroll down and you should see two other kinds of .csv files you can save it as. 

Save it under the windows version and it will now be read fine!!"

It worked for me, so I copied it here.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/14, 10:30 AM
Seen: 2019 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM