This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I have successfully imported several product templates into Odoo and used External IDs for this. Now I want to import product description translations into ir.translation and want to use these External IDs. I guess, I have to put in field "Record ID" a reference to the product template - but this field unfortunately doesn't support External IDs in import screen.

How can I import translations for product templates with external IDs in an elegant way?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

did you find the solution to that?

thanks and regards.

Discard
Best Answer

This is an old thread, but I figured posting solution here to help out new comers.

This is supposed to work on Odoo 11 and 12, not tested on older versions.

When import your "product.template", specify "id" for each one of them as you see fit.

Based on the "id" just created, to generate a .po file matching the desired translated language.
Remember to add headers for .po file in order to let Odoo properly load it.  Either directly load the .po file or within custom module put it in "i18n" folder and name it something like zh_TW.po (Traditional Chinese)

Assuming the "id" for this particular product is "product.product_template_test1", we are translating the "name" field.

#. module: stock
#: model:product.template,name:product.product_template_test1
msgid "ABC-TEST"
msgstr "ABC-測試"

Discard