This question has been flagged
3 Replies

OK, I am totally lost after 4 days trying to import customer data in version 7. I have a simple file with 2 rows and 6 columns. This is how the data looks like. Company,Address Type,City,State,Zip,Phone Health Basket of Mount Dora,18834 US HWY 441,Mount Dora,FL,32757,352-735-1166 Health Basket of Clermont,1050 Florida 50,Clermont,FL,34711,352 242-4499

If I try to import this I get this message after I press <validate>

No matching record found for name 'Health Basket of Mount Dora' in field 'Company' at row 2
Get all possible values
Found multiple matches for field 'State' (2 matches) at row 2 (1 more)
Value '18834 US HWY 441' not found in selection field 'Address Type' at row 2
Here are the possible values:
    Invoice
    Shipping
    Contact
    Other
Missing required value for the field 'name'. This might be 'Name' in the current model, or a field of the same name in an o2m. at row 2 (1 more)
No matching record found for name 'Health Basket of Clermont' in field 'Company' at row 3
Get all possible values
Value '1050 Florida 50' not found in selection field 'Address Type' at row 3
Here are the possible values:
    Invoice
    Shipping
    Contact
    Other

Can someone please help. Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

You are making a common mistake - confusing the terminology of OpenERP.

(I made this mistake myself when I first started playing with OpenERP).

A 'company' is a set of partners (leads, customers, suppliers and employees), users (logins) and stock of products with a separately managed set of accounts.

An example of companies would be OpenERP S.A, OpenERP USA, OpenERP Asia/Pacific.

A 'customer' is a partner that purchases products from a company.

Unless you need a separate company for separate physical or legal entities (like worldwide companies under a global holding company, or separately managed franchises reporting to a franchisor) - then you should not be importing companies. I doubt you really mean to import companies in the sense that OpenERP models them. Most users have a single company, some a handful.

The best way to understand what you need to import is to manually create a single record and export it. That way you can see how the data you enter and the options you select get mapped into the fields in a CSV file.

Enter a Customer, you will see it does not show up as a Company, even though you can check 'Is a Company' (even more confusing!).

You have imported companies instead of customers, but since all of these are 'partners' they show up as Customers for your admin user (who can see all companies) but not your other users (who are generally restricted to a single company, unless you set them up to view more than one).

Take a step back, read some of the documentation, and try again.

Companies -https://doc.openerp.com/book/1/1_3_Real_Case/1_3_Real_Case_db_setup/#configuring-the-main-company

Partners - https://doc.openerp.com/book/1/1_2_Guided_Tour/1_2_Guided_Tour_openerp/#partners-contacts

Discard
Best Answer

Hello

There is some errors in your CSV file:

Company,Address Type,City,State,Zip,Phone 
"Health Basket of Mount Dora","18834 US HWY 441","Mount Dora","FL","32757","352-735-1166" 
"Health Basket of Clermont","1050 Florida 50","Clermont","FL","34711","352 242-4499"

-First column (Company): I think you should create the companies first.

-Second column (Address type): Your data is the address, not the address type. Look at the error message to have the list of values for address type.

You should create some companies and products manually and then export the products and study the resultant CSV file. So you could see how it works.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you tried creating a new export with all the blue colored fields selected? Then add your columns and import again. I think you need to have at least a column with external id's (fields beginning with __export__.res_partner..)

Discard