Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Import data from terminal using openerp-server

By
Daniel Reis
on 5/15/13, 7:51 AM 3,278 views

The openerp-server help states that you can use the -P option to import data from the command line.

-P IMPORT_PARTIAL, --import-partial=IMPORT_PARTIAL
                    Use this for big data importation, if it crashes you
                    will be able to continue at the current state. Provide
                    a filename to store intermediate importation states.

From this I understand that I should run:

./openerp-server -P mydata.csv --stop-after-init

Is this correct? It doesn't seem to work.

And how do I "provide a filename to store intermediate importation states"?

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 5/15/13, 3:07 PM

Not quite. If you look at server/openerp/tools/yaml_import.py at line 330, you can see a bit more into what's happening. Also in server/openerp/tools/convert.py scattered between lines 817 and 935.

Normally when you import into OpenERP using the standard interface, it will process the entire batch at once, and then commit everything to the database if there are no exceptions raised during the import process. When you set --import-partial, you're committing after every single successful line to be imported. The file that you provide is the name of the file to dump the remaining records that were not imported once the failure occurred, so you won't have to import all of the initial, good records again until you solve every problem in the entire import.

tl;dr: It's not importing from the command line, it's altering how normal importing works.

So, I got it totally wrong then.

Daniel Reis
on 5/15/13, 6:00 PM

Does that mean there's no way to import CSV files from the command line?

Michael Watchorn
on 1/17/15, 10:34 PM

There is this: https://erpmoldeo.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/importing-products-with-web-services-in-openerp/

Michael Watchorn
on 1/17/15, 11:08 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/15/13, 7:51 AM
Seen: 3278 times
Last updated: 11/6/15, 1:12 AM