This question has been flagged
2 Replies

our company is working on sugar crm now we have decided to switch to openerp

now there is a problem, how to import contact details from SugarCRM to OpenERP, if anybody knows anything please help, if you know any addons or plugin please provide the name.

Discard
Best Answer

We're in the middle of the exact same transition. If you have direct access to your SugarCRM database, this is much easier. Export the data from SugarCRM to a CSV, either through the SugarCRM interface or by directly querying the database in a script and writing the output to a CSV. Then either reformat the data in a manner that can be understood by the OpenERP import function, or write another script that writes the data directly into the postgres database using the python psycopg2 library. We're using the latter, and it works very well. The import_sugarcrm module was decent in 6.1 but this gives you far more control, and any customization in SugarCRM won't be carried over.

In short, there's no simple way to do it, any data migration will need a few steps and some effort setting up the import script. Sorry if that's not very helpful, let me know if there's anything specific you need clarification on.

Discard
Author

i have already tried that way but was getting much errors.... thanks for the reply

Where were you getting errors?

Author

during importing of the .csv file some fields needs to be deleted, according to the openerp, i did that and validation was successfully done, but after i clicked import, nothing happend...

Hello Brett, we are about to go down that same road. We've got a lot of data on a SugarCRM-derived product (Info@Hand, version 6), and would like to switch to OpenERP V.7.0. We can access all involved server and DBs (mysql and postgresql), and would very much prefer to do it with a repeatable script.

Best Answer

Has anyone tried https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/import_sugarcrm/ ?

image description

I'd like to know which versions of Sugar support the website this module uses and how effectively the module works (It was co-written by OpenERP so I am very hopeful.)

Discard

I would also like to know what versions of SugarCRM are supported as when I attempt to import data I get a few hits on the SOAP interface and then nothing.