This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I need to import my clients, vendors, products, invoices, purchase orders which is in CSV format. There wasn't any Help guideline anywhere in site. Need to solve all these ASAP and in the most easiest way.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

To import data of in csv format look like this,

First go menu Setting/Configuration/General Setting

In General Setting Check Import-Expoert Allow users to import data from CSV files Option.

For Ex. Now you want to import your csv file for product then go product menu list view you can see the import menu by clicking them it ask to import csv file.

If you are using different version means your csv file you export in v6 and you import it in v7 then some time it happend "No matching record found for name 'XXX' in field 'xxx' at row x" for that you have to modify your csv file and check import csv file field and export model field are same or not.

Thank You,

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

Discard
Author

Tried. Difficult to use. Starting to feel annoy. Tried to import client's details, don't seems to have import function. Tried to import invoices, "No matching record found for name 'XXX' in field 'xxx' at row x. Get all possible values. Tried to import products, same thing. What's wrong????!!!

@Sales Install base module base_import, i think it will work...

Author

Where??!