This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When we use IMAP setting for email, it duplicate each email on the server...  The next time it fetch the mail server it reconnize the duplicate and it put this message in the log file. "Ignored mail from XXXX XXXXX <xxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxx.com> to test1 test1 <test1@xxxxxxxxx.com> with Message-Id <538DEA1B.2000401@xxxxxxxx.com>:: found duplicated Message-Id during processing".

Any one can help on this?

Thx,

Martin

Discard
Author

And OpenERP take only unread email... IMAP protocol definition is: Alternative to POP. IMAP unlike POP, specifically allows multiple clients simultaneously connected to the same mailbox, and through flags stored on the server, different clients accessing the same mailbox at the same or different times can detect state changes made by other clients and keep all synchronise.

"And OpenERP take only unread email." can you be more specific with the above assertion?

Best Answer

Hello,

for me, it's a bug, or I don't get the purpose of that?

I like to manage my email on odoo, it's great, but I like and I want to find this email on Thunderbird (offline, backup, folder...) 

That's what IMAP is for, no?

If I receive each time a "duplicate", it's a mess...

What do you think?

Discard
Author Best Answer

The OpenERP server fetch the user mail and it send it back rigth away on the mail server with the OpenERP user signature... So it's not really a duplicate and it do it on POP or IMAP protocol. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Discard