Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

IMAP mail server - OpenERP duplicate email on email server

By
Martin Auger
on 6/3/14, 12:24 PM 2,055 views

When we use IMAP setting for email, it duplicate each email on the server...  The next time it fetch the mail server it reconnize the duplicate and it put this message in the log file. "Ignored mail from XXXX XXXXX <xxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxx.com> to test1 test1 <test1@xxxxxxxxx.com> with Message-Id <538DEA1B.2000401@xxxxxxxx.com>:: found duplicated Message-Id during processing".

Any one can help on this?

Thx,

Martin

And OpenERP take only unread email... IMAP protocol definition is: Alternative to POP. IMAP unlike POP, specifically allows multiple clients simultaneously connected to the same mailbox, and through flags stored on the server, different clients accessing the same mailbox at the same or different times can detect state changes made by other clients and keep all synchronise.

Martin Auger
on 6/3/14, 12:38 PM

"And OpenERP take only unread email." can you be more specific with the above assertion?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 11/5/14, 5:39 PM
florent
On 11/5/14, 9:23 AM

Hello,

for me, it's a bug, or I don't get the purpose of that?

I like to manage my email on odoo, it's great, but I like and I want to find this email on Thunderbird (offline, backup, folder...) 

That's what IMAP is for, no?

If I receive each time a "duplicate", it's a mess...

What do you think?

Martin Auger
On 6/4/14, 11:34 PM

The OpenERP server fetch the user mail and it send it back rigth away on the mail server with the OpenERP user signature... So it's not really a duplicate and it do it on POP or IMAP protocol. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/3/14, 12:24 PM
Seen: 2055 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM