Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Image as base64 instead of URL in mail mass marketing

By
Mario Gielissen | Openworx
on 9/14/15, 4:27 PM 593 views

When using  mass mail marketing with images on a Odoo 8.0 server with multiple databases, the images are broken in the e-mails. The problem is that mass mailing uses http://<server>/website/image/ir.attachment/..... to load the images from the Odoo webserver. This is no problem with a single database, but how to deal with multiple databases?

Or is there a way to encode the images as base64 in the e-mail?

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 9/14/15, 7:54 PM

You could use subdomains for direct select of the database or you could add "db" querystring parameter, but better use the subdomain for your <server> part using the dbfilter option in your config file filter the database based on the subdomain with a value like:

^%d$

%d will be replaced with the subdomain name an use it as your database.

Using --db-filter

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 9/15/15, 1:55 AM

dbfilter when you specify in the config file

Axel Mendoza
on 9/15/15, 5:05 AM

I installed the module html_widget_embedded_picture and the images are attached to the mail als base64

Mario Gielissen | Openworx
on 9/15/15, 7:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/14/15, 4:27 PM
Seen: 593 times
Last updated: 9/15/15, 1:55 AM