Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

if prodcut information is too long then rml-pdf report having problem

By
Anand Patel
on 11/22/13, 5:16 AM 2,277 views

hello, I have pdf report in that i have added the sale_description of the product.

when i have long product description menas about 100 lines then when i trying generate the report then it gives me the following error:

Print Error

The document you are trying to print contains a table row that does not fit on one page. Please try to split it in smaller rows or contact your administrator.

So is there any limitation of the content in rml report.

Thanks in advance for your help

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 11/22/13, 9:54 AM

A table row in RML is a so-called Flowable object. It is either on one page if there is sufficient place available or it is moved to the next page.

But it is not possible that one row spreads about several pages. Therefore you have to assure that a table row is not larger than one page. I suggest to use something link [[ len(value) > 100 and value[:100] + ' ...' or value ]] to limit the size of a value.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/22/13, 5:16 AM
Seen: 2277 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM