Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

If I want to maintain stock of products that are halfway manufactured, can I do that?

on 3/29/13, 7:47 PM 1,609 views

Suppose I have a product that can have several operations applied to it.

The order of these operations doesn't matter: I can do A, B, C or C, A, B.

If I encode these as work orders in a routing, how can I specify that some of these tasks can be done in parallel?

How exactly does routing work? What /is/ a work center exactly? A worker, or a location, or a machine?

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 3/30/13, 5:45 AM

If your product is composed by finished parts you can stock, you can define those finished parts as BoM levels.

This way OpenERP will procure those parts first. If you set a routing for the production of these second level items, you'll get a situation where OpenERP produces and stock the components of your finished product. Then you can run the MO for the finished product whenever you want.

You can also create a BoM level called "My not-totally-finished product" if this is more similar to your situation.

So, essentially, "no". In other words, I need middle level products and MOs to track stock, or if I don't need stock tracked I can use routing?

on 4/1/13, 2:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/29/13, 7:47 PM
Seen: 1609 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM