Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

if i forgot my login password means how do i know my password? did any module is for that?

By
venkateshkumar
on 6/26/14, 8:14 AM 832 views

if i forgot my login password means how do i know my password?

did any module is for that?

If password is encrypted how can i get or reset my password through odoo login screen itself? as like forgot password option

venkateshkumar
on 6/27/14, 7:02 AM

René Schuster

--René Schuster--
| 5 5 8
Weinheim, Germany
--René Schuster--

Challenge Everything!

René Schuster
On 6/26/14, 8:22 AM

Several Options:

• There is a 'Send reset password link'-button in Settings / Users / Users.
    Your admin can trigger that button for you. (I would recommend this)
  • Your admin can manually change your password to a temporary one, using the 'More'-dropdown menu in Settings / Users / Users.
  • You could enter the database and check your password. It's not encrpyted there.

Regards.

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 6/26/14, 8:24 AM

If you have access to the database, you can read it with the following SQL query:

select password from res_users where login='admin';

Reference: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/How-i-can-get-back-my-lost-password--147

What if the password is encrypted?

Jasad
on 12/19/15, 3:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/26/14, 8:14 AM
Seen: 832 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM