This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I want to use bare bone of EE without any paid modules, so what if I could buy EE on odoo.sh with one user and no app or one app, then I build my own app on top of it, sould I pay for extera users of my own module or, user count is only applies to the app's that I bought?

Thank you in advance

Discard
Author

The whole solution will be custom made so, I don't need any standard apps but I need components like gantt charts from EE. Can you tell me more how can I get unlimited users for my custom made app? I need access to EE codebase and be able to develope and install apps on it.

You don't have access to the Odoo Enterprise source code unless you are an official partner.

Take a look at third-party apps that are available for Community Edition.

Best Answer

Unlimited Free Users are only available with one App via Odoo Online. 

There is no unlimited user plan with Odoo.sh or Odoo On Premise. You pay starting with the first App. 

Once you are paying for an App you pay for all Users. 

Two things added together to get a price: Apps price plus User price. You pay a recurring fee for each User. You pay a recurring fee for each App. It doesn't matter if Users access every App or not. 

Discard
Best Answer

In general the answers are right in the sense that you pay for all users whom have access to your Odoo instance regardless of whether they use all your apps. Though there's a question to be asked as to how you're exposing your app. If those extra users are portal users and hence your app is focused on portal delivery then you do not need to pay for the extra users. As it is your own development it's a potential solution to expose the functionality to portal users.

I asked a similar question directly to Odoo due to the fact that user pricing is problematic for low weight users who really only see a small part of the apps. Their suggestion was essentially to use own development to provide the limited functionality to portal users or download an app that opens it up for portal users.

Discard
Best Answer

You can have unlimited users for one Odoo app on odoo online, but I don't think there's any way to get odoo.sh for free.  And if you use odoo online you can't add any apps or do development.

Why not use Odoo Community?  

Discard