Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ideas for tracking customer's inventory

By
steves.openerp
on 3/7/13, 10:13 PM 1,422 views

I run a service company and we do on-site visits to our customers. I am trying to figure out a way to use OpenERP to do this. Basically, for each customer I would need to keep an itemized list of products that they have on hand. Each product has to have a product type, manufacturer, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 3/7/13, 11:23 PM

You could set each customer up as a location so you know what stock is at each customer. Then create a product as required - either add manufacturer etc as a field, get an existing community module (may not be ported to V7) or bastardise an existing field on the product. You will need to make them stockable so you can move into the correct location.

As an extra alternative, you could have a single location/warehouse and "Sell" the products to each customer then use stock moves to see what is at each customer

Solnet Solutions Limited, Kevin McMenamin
on 3/7/13, 11:24 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/13, 10:13 PM
Seen: 1422 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM