This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am considering setting up openerp 7.x for a client. He want to have his documents with his logo, address, bank info, etc. Is this possible using a libreoffice document as template?

In openerp 5.x I remember something about this functionality but am not sure. It has been a while.

any help greatly appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Have a look at Aeroo report, it does what you need: https://launchpad.net/aeroo

The standard report engine of OpenERP (using RML) has a conversion tool: ODT to RML, but not all the layouting features of libreoffice are supported. So, for advanced layouting, Aeroo may be better.

Discard
Best Answer

Have a look at: h t t p : //www.alistek.com/wiki/

Which is official source of information on Aeroo Reports.

Tip: If you do not need PDF/DOC/XLS reports, you do not have to install OpenOffice.org service, which is needed mainly for report format conversions and sub-reports.

Discard

dear sraps is aeroo reports 7.0 compatible?

Author Best Answer

Thank you for that. Looks very complicated to install. Is there any easy how-to?

Ok, I have been able to use the existing template for setting up the company with logo and address, etc. Just a couple of questions: How do I get rid of the black separator in the header? It goes straight through the logo. How do I get rid of the "Company slogan" line? This company has no slogan so this line is empty but still shows.

Discard
Best Answer

The default OpenERP reporting module works pretty well in my opinion. You just edit the reports in LibreOffice and then export them back to OpenERP. I've got some pretty nice invoice reports setup, with background image, and advanced formatting (I post process the RML file for some details, for example for the background image).

Discard

This sounds like the best way to go but could someone write up a small tut