This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to give  credentials to a user who can create product and access protal menu.

For this i have created a group called vendor portal. I have given "portal"  and "vendor portal" to a user. When i loged in with this user It is showing access error like "

AccessError

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Only users with the following access level are currently allowed to do that:
- Human Resources/Employee
- Warehouse/Manager
- Purchases/Manager
- Sales/See Own Leads
- Sales/Manager
- Human Resources/Officer"

I unable to create a product.

My own group access rights

Acess rights to vendor portal group:

Aall  access rights(read, write, unlink, create) product.product, product.template, ir.ui.menu, ir.cron, ir.exports, ir.mail_server, res.country, base_import.imports, mail.message.subtype, mail.alial, mail.followers, mail.notification, mail.message, mail.mail, mail.thread, mail.wizard.invite, mail.compose.message, fetchmail.server, portal.wizard, portal.wizard.user, product.packaging, product.template, product.supplierinfo, pricelist.partnerinfo, product.price.type, product.pricelist, product.pricelist.version, product.pricelist.item, product.price_list, product.style, product.public.category, product.removal, product.uom, product.uom.categ, product.price.history, product.attribute, product.attribute.value, product.attribute.price, product.attribute.line,

And has only read access for product.category, res.partner, models.

Can any one help me please?

Discard
Best Answer

Hmmm. setting access rights for a new group is indeed hectic process :)..

But still it is quiet a interesting things, if it is set properly.. so I believe accordingly to your requirememt, you are trying to set access on your custom group... Firtly, if you are creating a group, independent group (i.e.) if it is not dependent  on base groups, then you have to make sure you are setting access to all the corresponding objects...[atleast read permissions]

Well coming to this, in latest version, the error message doesn't specify for which objects the permission is lacking...

I think, did you set permissions for user and company object....?

Other way to find out, search for that Warning in the standard files, and comment it temporarily, then try logging with the user, it will raise for which object you have not set the permission....

Discard
Author

Thank you Deep. You are right, I have not given permission to read company and user. Doe this necessary?

Author

Getting same error even though i have given read permissions to res.users and res.company

I think you would have missed permissions for other base objects... hint, check all whether for all relations in product, you have given permissions or not

Best option, comment the warning msg, then you it will raise for which objects, the permissions are not set

Yes, all basic base objects like, Users, Company, Partner, it is necessary to provide the access.. almost all objects are dependent on those objects.. Say for instance Users permission is required compulsorily, since it Openerp it has to update "create_uid"/ "write_uid' in every records in the database... which helps to keep track of who has created/modified such records

Author

To solve this problem i have to inherit "employee" group in my own group. I don't want to do this. But i don't have another way. Can you suggest me?