Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I need to install Odoo on Centos 5.10

Ignacio Albano
on 9/8/14, 10:29 AM 1,339 views

Hi everyone!, It's my first question here. I hope that you can help me. I have already installed PostgreSQL and Python on my Centos 5.10 VPS (virtuozzo), Now I want to install Odoo, but I don't know what I need to do.
I have ssh access on my VPS as root user. I need to have an operative version of Odoo on an specific URI like www.mysite.com (I already have this configuration on my VPS, but works with apache/php/MySQL)
If anyone can help me I'll be very grateful. Thanks!

ThackerS (ts)
On 9/8/14, 10:48 AM

I will try with this one: http://toolkt.com/site/install-openerp-in-centos/ I suppose that I'll have to ignore some lines of that script because I already have installed Python and PostgreSQL. I will try, but I think that it will be wrong because I have a previous Centos version.

Ignacio Albano
on 9/8/14, 11:52 AM

I can't do it! :( Just the first line bring me this message: error: Failed dependencies: rpmlib(FileDigests)

Ignacio Albano
on 9/8/14, 3:09 PM
Ignacio Albano
On 9/8/14, 11:16 AM

Thanks Chancerel for your answer! 
I think that the first link works only for Ubuntu version, I have Centos 5.10 that is little different. Am I wrong?
Others links is for a different version of Centos (6), I tried to do it but I had some troubles. Some steps had upgrade problems.

if someone can share me an step by step installation, I'll be so grateful

Thanks you anyway!

have you try the others links in my previous answer.

ThackerS (ts)
on 9/8/14, 11:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/8/14, 10:29 AM
Seen: 1339 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM