This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Odoo has been suggested to me as a replacement for our current system, Vtiger.

My company deals in on site service in the telecommunications industry.  The process begins with the creation of a trouble ticket in Vtiger.  At this point I'm not sure how that relates to a project in Odoo, or how I could enter this data.

I need to have the ability to create a service ticket, assign and notify a technician, account for the tech's time on site and materials used, travel expenses that are billed back to the customer, invoice the customer, and account for the payments received.

Can someone give me some guidance to get started?  

Discard
Best Answer

That seems like a fairly broad question, and probably better suited to some consulting with a partner. Here's a list of Odoo partners in the U.S.

https://www.odoo.com/partners/country/united-states-224

Maybe someone else will take a stab at it, but I'd suggest some individual consulting. If you want to poke around with it, get an online version or local install, and start with the "Issue Tracker" (project_issue), "Timesheets on Issues" (project_issue_sheet), and maybe "Bill Time on Tasks" (project_timesheet). Those will let your techs log time against issues/tasks which you can then invoice.

Discard