Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I have rml code with me do not know how to convert it in to .sxw file ..please help

By
R.sridevi
on 11/15/13, 5:58 AM 738 views

I have rml code with me do not know how to convert it in to .sxw file .....when i install base_report_designer module i get plugin error i do not how to install it.....

Jasad
On 11/19/13, 6:50 AM

Hi R.sridevi,

The Openoffice Report Designer is a plugin used to create reports for OpenERP. It is an easy to install and use plugin. The main advantage of this plugin is that anyone can easily create and modify reports for OpenERP.

Installation Procedure

Install using Extension Manager in Openoffice.org Writer

You will find the 'Extension Manager' under the tab 'Tools' in Openoffice.org Writer. Here you can add the 'openerp_report_designer.zip' file. After adding the file, restart the Openoffice.org Writer and the OpenERP Report Designer Menu and Toolbar will be available.

Server Parameters

This functionality is used to connect with the OpenERP Server. Here, we can select the database and login as particular user. And now, we can start creating the report by selecting the 'Open a new report' option in the menu.

With the help of report designer you can modify existing report or create new reports. Suppose you want sxw file of any existing report, open that report in report designer for modification and save it as 'filename.sxw'. There is no other way to convert rml to sxw. Other wise you can create new sxw file name and convert in to rml file.

Thanks a lot....

R.sridevi
on 11/19/13, 7:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/15/13, 5:58 AM
Seen: 738 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM