Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I have installed SaaS, help me!

By
E. Bisschops
on 1/17/14, 2:05 AM 690 views

The company I work for has installed SaaS1 and works has worked for it for several months.

Now, later on we figured out that we don't really know what the difference is between the regular OpenERP and the SaaS edition. Also, we want to update to SaaS2 and don't know how to.

Could someone please explain the main differences between these versions and how to update is. All feedback is greatly appriciated.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 1/17/14, 3:32 AM

The SaaS-X versions have additional features compared to LTS versions.
The migration from a SaaS-X version to the next SaaS-Y version is automatic. You can contact online@openerp.com to ask what is the status for your instance.

I guess it's my fault for not mentioning this, but we don't use OpenERP Online. We have SaaS locally installed.

E. Bisschops
on 1/17/14, 4:17 AM

Big mistake. Chances are you are now stuck in a version you will never get out of, just because you went playing in a development platform without understanding its release cycle. Never-ending CSV exports/imports are your only hope. (or a supercharged Enterprise contract).

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/18/14, 3:47 AM

@Fabrice: can you explain a little why he can't get out of it? or why he would want to? For example is it impossible to update saas~1 to saas~2, etc ...? Or maybe to troublesome (because you have to do that much more often then if you could keep with a x.0 until it falls out of support)?

gunnar
on 1/18/14, 4:52 AM

Why he would want to: if he wants a feature of a later release. Why he can't get out of it: because SaaS-2 has datamodel changes compared to SaaS-1. And that the SaaS-X releases are only supported on OpenERP SaaS. The only way to update if you are on premise with a SaaS-X version is by doing it yourself: it's possible but very complicated/has a steep learning curve.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/18/14, 1:42 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/17/14, 2:05 AM
Seen: 690 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM