Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

i got an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR when running odoo version 8.0

By
Jamshid Chungath
on 7/11/14, 1:46 AM 4,460 views

can u help me to run odoo version 8.0

when i running server its fine ,but in browser i got internal server error

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 7/15/14, 4:29 AM

Hi...

I think you need to install python dependency modules, like decortors , & requests etc.. [Check in the console]

Me had the same problem, after installing those dependency modules,  Odoo 8 is working fine for me

ya you are right...after installing decorator and request like dependencies its running fine

Jamshid Chungath
on 7/17/14, 6:05 AM
wer
On 7/13/14, 8:53 AM

Official release yet not out.

Christian SONDI
On 9/29/14, 4:46 PM

Hi. I had the problem. After having installed "python-passlib python-pil" modules and change the name of the database, it works.

Jamshid Chungath
On 7/17/14, 6:03 AM

run with differnt port ex- ./odoo.py --xmlrpc-port=8070

Lucas Huber
On 7/14/14, 11:57 AM

I have similar problem, but with the latest release of V8.0 RC1 I can run some instances. But updating databases from older release does now work.

Rangics Máté
On 7/15/14, 3:34 PM

I have the same issue, and I'm sure it's not because of the RC version. I receive the following message in terminal, when I start the server:

[1] 6091
odoo@waterstars-server:~/v8/server$ ERROR: couldn't create the logfile directory. Logging to the standard output.
Exception in thread openerp.service.httpd:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/opt/odoo/v8/server/openerp/service/server.py", line 274, in http_thread
    self.httpd = ThreadedWSGIServerReloadable(self.interface, self.port, app)
  File "/opt/odoo/v8/server/openerp/service/server.py", line 84, in __init__
    handler=RequestHandler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 331, in __init__
    HTTPServer.__init__(self, (host, int(port)), handler)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 408, in __init__
    self.server_bind()
  File "/opt/odoo/v8/server/openerp/service/server.py", line 94, in server_bind
    super(ThreadedWSGIServerReloadable, self).server_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 419, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 98] Address already in use

Any ideas? I receive this after trying to restore a 7.0 database on Odoo V8.

This error happens when you have another software already using the same port. Usually it's another running openerp instance, you have to stop that one before starting a new one, or use different port numbers.

Leonardo Donelli
on 7/17/14, 7:38 AM

Hi recommand that you first determin a access right to the log file : 1. Détermine the log file in the configuration file (if not did yet) 2. Create a directory for the logfile (if not did yet) 3. Give the odoo unix user the read and write on the logfile file Restart odoo server, try to connect. If the problem persist, share your logs here please.

Christian SONDI
on 9/29/14, 4:52 PM

right now odoo 8.0 is in development phase and haing lot of bugs. some time v8 occurs problem.

u can also use master version or sass-5.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/11/14, 1:46 AM
Seen: 4460 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM