Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I get a product output acct and category valuation acct error when posting initial inventory

By
Kelli Bess
on 3/11/14, 8:10 PM 651 views

I have set up real-time inventory valuation and have most elements working properly. However, when I try to enter initial inventory counts for my intermediate inventory products (in between raw goods and finished goods) I always get the following error:

"output account of this product and valuation account of the category are the same"

The input, output, and valuation accounts are all coming from the product category definition and the two "offending" accounts are not the same. The valuation account is set to "Intermediate" and the output account is set to "Revolving." I have other categories that work just fine (though with different accounts), but this one seems to be problematic. Is there something elsewhere that would be interfering with these definitions?

Please help!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/14, 8:10 PM
Seen: 651 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM