Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

i developed an openerp V7 module but when i want to add this module to openerp V8

By
Hachem Chraiti
on 4/23/14, 4:37 PM 860 views

Hi everyone, i developed an openerp V7 module but when i want to add this module to openerp V8 ,some errors are occuring?is there any things to do while passing a module from v7 to v8? thansk for all

There are load of possibilities of error when you're migrating a module. Please post errors and your module too if it's neccesary

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 4/23/14, 4:56 PM
Christian Parent
On 4/23/14, 4:48 PM

what kind of errors are you getting ? I have found out that for version 8, some imports need to add openerp. in the path like this:

import openerp.osv
Hachem Chraiti
On 4/23/14, 6:52 PM

i fixed some things and now theres is no error but i cannot find the module from the dashboard apps!!

where have you put your module folder ? Verify when in the dashboard that there aint a filter in the search box, there is always one by default, also, try update module list

Christian Parent
on 4/24/14, 12:41 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/23/14, 4:37 PM
Seen: 860 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM