Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I can't install Odoo

Rousseau Lobo Braga
on 5/22/14, 11:58 AM 622 views

But When I will try to dowload and choose the source, the dialog box bring to me the version openerp-7.0?? I cant understand why, and when I will try download the latest code on the odoo website and select the option debia/ubuntu, The website open a OpenErp dashboard for create it a new company/. Please I would like to install Odoo, I did dowload in github, but I can't understand how can I install the new odoo system in my local server, because I didn't find installation procedures for that ...

Tahnks in advance !!

| 6 7 8

On 5/22/14, 7:00 PM

Comment function doesn't work, so I put this as an answer

@Ben: There are some guides around already. Actually at the very end of the post you mention someone added the github routine pretty detailed ... I also saw some made ascript that does the whole installation automatically. Don't know whether any of those are good because I didn't test any of it. What really still is missing is a how-to for installation of the comminity backport version (ocb) from github. Can be they haven't moved their sources yet. I hope someone does that soon.

A question @ Ben: do you know whether it would be difficult if you runn an installation from launchpad/bzr and need to change your 'sources' to the github repos later on (which you ned to I think)?

Ben Olsen
On 5/22/14, 1:35 PM

There's a pretty extensive guide here:

Note that you may want to stick with the instructions above and install from Bazaar. The Github code is usable, but there aren't any good guides yet and you have to already know some basics about how OpenERP/Odoo works.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/22/14, 11:58 AM
Seen: 622 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM