This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I log onto odoo saas 5 and find I cant edit the website by clicking the buttons of EDIT, Promote, Content, Customize, and Help. They just don't work as usual. I go to the Forum, and find I CAN use those buttons. I return to the other pages, some can while some can't. After a while with some refreshing, most of the pages come back to the conditions where those buttons respond nothing. What happpened to my website? I did nothing to it except I opened some other instances. Pls help me out of this. 

The other thing I noticed is that I can't upload images from local disk or from a url. It only accepts what have been uploaded to the system. No message pops out just nothing.

update: I edited some pages this afternoon, now it seems the homepage works well with those buttons but the other pages not. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what happened behind?

Update Aug 8 2015: I cleaned the caches, TRUNed OFF the protection from Cloudflare and now the website can be edited. But from the Content button, New product, New blog etc are still not there except New Page.  Aften I tunred on Cloudflare, it can't be edited again.

Discard

Did you fully resolve this?

I have the same issue. I have not edited or added any JS though..

Author

Hi Marius, that happened long time ago, and I can't remember exactly what have been done, but probably reinstall the system. The issue came from SAAS5, I haven't found this in the newest version. So better to use odoo v9. Hope it help. Cheers

Best Answer

Probably it is because some js code that you add somewhere just before: that is breaking all the non buggy js.

Discard
Author

Thank for your reply. Probably cuz I did change some codes. But how can I get out of there? It doesn't work by adding #advanced-view-editor to the url. I want to check the homepage html codes, how can I do this?

Go to the admin settings menu, then in technical, user views, you have a Views: Search for website.homepage or something like that, you'll find it there. But it is a js problem not html, you should try to not add js codes in the xml views, is better do it separated.