Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I am getting 500 internal server error while starting the ERP, what should i do ?

By
Hitesh Patel
on 8/21/13, 11:34 AM 5,909 views

after installing the erp on my pc, when I open it at that time i got 500 internal server error, so what should i do for solving this error?

Basheer
On 5/20/14, 8:17 AM

Hi, I had the same error. However i got it resolved.

You uninstall OpenERP and Postgresql, resart the machine, clean all the traces using regedit and Ccleaner. Restart. Now right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator". This will resolve the problem

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 8/21/13, 12:42 PM

One alternative is a Bitnami appliance. If you have ever used VirtualBox or VMWare you will know what I mean.

If you have VMWare installed already you can be up and running in minutes.

Here's the link : Bitnami OpenERP Virtual Appliance

Here's a blog post by a guy who did it; but I haven't confirmed if he gives the correct steps or not.

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 8/21/13, 12:59 PM

Maybe you better look at the log file first.

You may find the log file here (Win7): C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx\Server\server\openerp-server.log

It's probably a configuration issue or maybe PostgreSQL ??

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/13, 11:34 AM
Seen: 5909 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM