Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

I already have postgree 9.3 installed

By
fernando
on 1/29/14, 9:03 PM 1,453 views

can I use my postgree database ? if so, where must I configure it ? which is the conguration file's name?

grayson
On 1/29/14, 9:47 PM

You can configure postgres from the command line. I am assuming you intend to set it up for use with OpenERP. Here are the commands to setup the openerp database user in postgres.

sudo su - postgres

createuser --createdb --username postgres --no-createrole --no-superuser --pwprompt openerp

After typing the password for the user postgres, exit this user:

exit

Install OpenERP if you have not already and you are set.

fernando
On 1/29/14, 10:46 PM

Thanks, I attempted install OpenERP 7 with Postgres included on Windows 7 . Everything fine but when the installation finished the localhost:8069 don't work, I checked that OpenERP service is up and postgree database created with openpg username. I know that Windows isn't recommended, but I work with Windows and RedHat, mount a virtual environment only for this isnt good idea. will it work on Windows with 6.1 versión ?

If the install didn't work - what do your logs say? With the FreeBSD port of version 7 (ports/186262) one can see that libraries are missing and that results in errors listed in the bug report.

marc
on 1/30/14, 9:26 AM

I have Windows 8 with Postgree database 9.3 installed. so I installed openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest.exe without postgree and giving it the Postgree server's user and password. The installation everything fine and openerp-server.log without error, except when attempted to open http://localhost:8069/, then I see that the OpenERP service was down and when I attempt start this services, this thowed an error, didn't start and didn't write nothing in openerp-server.log file. What is the problem? what is missing?

fernando
on 1/30/14, 4:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/29/14, 9:03 PM
Seen: 1453 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM