Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Huge language change bug - need help asap

By
Sanjin Šarić
on 4/28/15, 4:37 PM 599 views

Hi,

I imported language (in my case Bosnian). And I changed in the preference tab for administrator. After that something crazy happened. I get the picture below. Anything I click doesn't do anything. And I cannot change the lanugage back because admin is only user on my server that can change language for others. Now my admin is stuck like this.

http://pokit.org/get/?6db2ee042e9c1ec88ba0ee6217445a0c.jpg

I am hereby asking you to tell me where this is setting written for a user. Like what table in PostgreSQL database?

The only way to change it back to English is to manually change it in database (i see no other way).

Michael Thomas
On 4/28/15, 4:41 PM

It is a good idea to always backup your server before making a major change. I use a virtual server with Altaro Hyper-V backup (free for up to 2 servers), so my backups just take a few minutes. 

That said, I believe the table you are looking for is res_partner and the field is "lang". I only use English but the value in mine is "en_US". 

Sanjin Šarić
On 4/28/15, 9:01 PM

Thank you Michael, that was the right table, I manually changed it and fixed it. I will do that with server backup asap. I didn't think of it because I am still tinkering around with odoo and setting it up.

Note to others:

If you do encounter any problem like this, odoo keeps all its settings in that postgreSQL database. Its only a matter of table when you will find that setting you are looking for.

But sometimes it is just too difficult to fix things in the database because of the complexity of the relational ORM. I, for example, did install the Blogs_Private module, which messed up the access rights of the blog user and it would probably take me days to fix it in the database. So I had to change the email address of the corrupt user and then create a new user with the old email address, something which could be dangerous in a system in full production mode. A note to you: never change the admin user (except the password). Create a new technical user, when you need it in another language.

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/29/15, 1:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/28/15, 4:37 PM
Seen: 599 times
Last updated: 4/28/15, 9:01 PM