Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

HTTP Error Handlers?

on 3/21/15, 10:08 AM 587 views

Is there a way to catch and handle HTTP errors?

When the web server throws a 500 Internal Server Error I'd like the user to see something besides the default browser page.

Since I need 30 karma to comment on other people's answers & I have 8 I'm going to comment on my question. @jke, where is this template?

on 3/23/15, 10:11 AM

You need to set your user as technical user and after a refresh, in setting /technical / user interface / views

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 3/23/15, 2:31 PM

Ps: the best way is to do an heritage to avoid to lost your changes at next update! Else you can set the model data as "no updatable" to avoid to be erased ... Let us know if it's work for you

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 3/23/15, 2:34 PM

I don't see this template. Is that the view name, the template or external id?

on 3/30/15, 3:03 PM
External id = website.500

Jeremy Kersten (JKE)

Le 30 mars 2015 à 21:03, Dean <odoo@deanandadie.net> a écrit :

I don't see this template. Is that the view name, the template or external id?

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post HTTP Error Handlers?
Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 3/30/15, 3:27 PM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 3/22/15, 11:20 AM

You can update the template with name '500' (website.500)

That the template which is rendered when Odoo catch an exception !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 3/21/15, 10:08 AM
Seen: 587 times
Last updated: 3/30/15, 3:27 PM