Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Howto automate inventory count, when manufacturing & procuring source material in different units of measurement (UOM)?

By
Dieter Huelskamp
on 3/18/15, 1:20 PM 688 views

My clients wants to sell Pizza and therefore he purchases olive-oil in different bottle sizes (e.g. sometimes 1.2 l bottles are a good deal, sometimes 1.6. ounce cans are cheaper) so stock get mixed up. I think it is a quite common use case that the sources for a manufacturing process come in in different units and/or presentations. In manufacture --> bill of materials --> add product  I can define product quantities, that for example reduce nicely my tomato product stock, each time a pizza is sold. I could not figure out, how to relate different incoming product presentations or measurement to a unified consumable/source or have something allowing to scan/register as products arrive into stock and have something that joins what belongs together. I had a similar situation in a textile fabric, so would be awesome to have solution for that sourcing problem. I read howto configure UoM for the sales side, but howto integrate that concept for procurement/manufactoring processes? 

Dieter Huelskamp
On 3/20/15, 1:34 PM

Outdated, please give karma to delete it ;-)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/15, 1:20 PM
Seen: 688 times
Last updated: 3/22/15, 11:21 AM