Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How would I "trim" search terms pasted into Odoo from a spreadsheet - there seems to be leading/trailing spaces causing search to fail.

By
David Todd
on 3/30/16, 4:08 PM 230 views

We have some users who are trying to do some data entry based off of excel spreadsheets, and when they check to see if a contact exists (for example), they copy the text from the spreadsheet and try to put it into the search bar. When they run the search, the search fails (most likely because the search engine isn't removing extra whitespace or something). 

Is there a module that we could use to fix the searching behavior? I'm also open to changing settings in the backend, but unless it's a system parameter, I'm pretty sure it's not there. 

Moises Garcia Marquez
On 11/24/16, 10:52 PM

This is a common behavior all across search engine. What I suggest is to first paste the copied element in the windows-run window (Press Windows Button + R), then copy it back from there and finally paste it in Odoo's search field. These steps will "trim" the copied terms, as you said.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/30/16, 4:08 PM
Seen: 230 times
Last updated: 11/24/16, 10:52 PM