Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How / when are translations added to the language packs in Odoo?

By
Yenthe
on 8/21/14, 10:13 AM 2,817 views

Hey guys,

Yesterday I've loaded a language pack (Dutch/Nederlands) and I found out that quite a lot of translations weren't added yet for Odoo V8.
So I decided to throw in some help. I've personally translated about 500+ words now on https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/8.0/

I was now wondering what the cycle of those translations are. Will they be put into the language that you load directly? Or do they need to pass further steps before being implemented in Odoo?

Thanks
Yenthe

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 8/21/14, 11:54 AM

According to one of the head odoo developers the translations are migrated from launchpad to github about once a week and then they instantly become available.  The changes will continue to roll forward even after v8 has been officially released.  They used launchpad because the groups and infrustructure was already setup from v7.
Details on the translation process
https://doc.odoo.com/contribute/07_improving_translations.html

Synchronization (text from odoo developer)
--------------------
The new translations will be exported every day by Launchpad, but will only be synchronized back to GitHub every week or so - don't panic if you cannot see your translations in GitHub every day!  During synchronization the translations are of course merged back into a single project branch.

As usual, do not worry if you have not completed 100% of the translations in time for the release: updated translations will be included in the new installation packages every day, even after the release.  You can therefore focus on the most important parts first.

For the next release we will definitely have better tools for translators, let's just use the current tools one last time :-)

Thank you all for making Odoo a unique and global project!

Thanks, this explains everything!

Yenthe
on 8/22/14, 2:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/14, 10:13 AM
Seen: 2817 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM