I have 3 questions about odoo POS-Online as following :
1. Does "odoo POS" operates as "each waiter makes the order and performs payment himself on the customer's table" ? Or, the users (waiters) make the orders, and payment is done by the admin (restaurant manager) at the "cash register" ?
2. How the word "user" is defined in odoo POS ?
For example if i have 4 waiters (who make the orders) and 1 manager (who makes the payment) in the restaurant, does it mean that the price of odoo Pos will be invoiced as 5 users price ? or only 2 users (Waiter profile + manager profile) ?
I know that my question are quite stupid but i want to confirm because i am looking to get good service with minimum cost as we are still a small business.
3. Can multi user work on the same point of sale ? I tried to make multi-sessions for the same point of sale but it doesn't allow me to do so ??!!! Does it mean that only 1 user is allowed to work and make orders on a point of sale ???
I would like to have many waiters make orders on the same POS at the same time.
Thank you for your answers and clarifications in advance.
Thank you Fabrice for you answers.
regarding the first and second question, it is clear now. But for the third question, i still don't get it. Based on your answer, it means that each waiter must come to the device where POS session is open, change the user to his name and then make order, payment ...etc.
But what if each waiter has his own device (tablet or smart device for example) and get the orders from customer and perform payment ? with this hypothesis i couldn't have different users open multi-sessions on the same POS from different devices. Does it mean that this cannot be done in odoo ? all the work must be done from a single device and not many at the same time
1. Any waiter can create/add items for any table and process payment for any table.
2. 1 user is 1 login. You decide how you want to manage this. But if several people use the same login, you will not be able to differentiate who did what in the system. The price of Odoo is based on the number of users you have.
3. Several users can interact with the POS during 1 session. Just click on the name of the current active user in the top left corner of the POS to switch to another user. You should not close your session to switch from one user to another.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 11/11/16, 12:51 AM|
|Seen: 141 times|
|Last updated: 11/29/16, 12:03 AM|